Translate

Thursday 27 October 2016

MIGNOLET EXPRESSES DISAPPOINTMENT OVER LACK OF FIRST TEAM EXPERIENCE

Liverpool goalkeeper, Simon Mignolet has expressed his disappointment for not getting featured regularly as he does not want to be a back up goalkeeper.

The Belgian international was dropped by Liverpool's manager, Jurgen Klopp due to inconsistency from the goalkeeper and has been replaced by Loris Karius who was signed from German side, Mainz 05 in a deal around £4 million.

However, Mignolet has insisted that he will have to work hard to get feature regularly as he is still young.

“I don’t want to be a No 2, that’s clear. I want to play,” Mignolet said.

 “I am not in a situation where I can sit on the bench. I am 28 years old and want to play week-in, week-out.

“I’ll work hard and never give up. I see it as a challenge I can overcome. So hopefully it will be a fair challenge based on performances put in on the pitch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment