Translate

Thursday 20 October 2016

LUKA MODRIC HAS REVEALED WHY HE NEEDED TO LEAVE TOTTENHAM

Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, who now plays for Real Madrid, has open up on why he left the North London club for the Spanish giant “in order to grow as a player.”

The Croatian midfielder made 127 appearances in his four year stint with the north London club and has extended his contract with Real Madrid until 2020.

”There came a time at Tottenham where I had to change to improve and grow as a player,” Modric said,

“I did not doubt my quality and I knew that sooner or later I would succeed here, working everyday in training and in the game. I’ve always had confidence in myself. I did not start well, but I never stopped believing in myself.

“I think I have developed as a player in these four years, I have more experience than before and need to keep on the same path to help the team to play well both in defence and attack. I must continue at the same level.”

Modric is yet to play for Real Madrid in their last two games due to a knee injury he sustained during their Champions League draw against Borussia Dortmund.

No comments:

Post a Comment